As part of our public policy goals and in order to spur additional economic growth in Iron County, the Cedar City Area Chamber of Commerce has launched a HIRE 1 MORE initiative. The focus of this initiative is to encourage businesses in the community to look for ways they can create one more full time position within their organization. During a time of economic hardship we feel it our duty to encourage each employers to find a way to hire just one more person, with two thousand businesses in our community the economic impact will be tremendous. We invite and challenge all Iron County businesses to participate in this initiative and help put our economy back on track.
There are a number of programs available to help those who participate in the HIRE 1 MORE initiative.
• Qualifying jobs must pay at least 80 percent of the County Average Wage.
• Each job created can qualify for $3,000 to $4,000, depending on wage.
• If a business hires a UI claimant to fill a new job, that business may qualify to receive an additional $500.
• Strategic industries’ job bonuses should align with GOED’s cluster industries.
• Businesses must create jobs, hire employees, be current on UI payments and taxes and request incentive payment by June 30, 2013.
• Newly created jobs cannot be seasonal or temporary and existing jobs cannot be terminated to make way for a new job.
To ensure your company qualifies for DWS incentives contact Shelley Esplin @ 435-865-6542
Business Consulting Services
- Help with business plan development
- Assist with conducting business analysis
- Provides business management training
For details contact: Joni Anderson @ (435) 586-7700
Custom Fit Training
- Reimburse up to 50% of training costs
- Customize training programs to suit your needs
For details contact: Kristie McMullan @ (435) 586-2899
Also Supported by:
(These positions are new and hired since launching this initiative)
- CML Metals - 45
- Gilbert Development Inc. - 15
- Valley View Medical Center - 11 (3 Doctors)
- Mountain America Credit Union of Cedar City - 7
- Southern Utah University - 18
- Convergys of Cedar City - 40
- Farm Bureau Financial Services (Andy Losee) - 3
- Stevens-Henager College - 2
- Southwest Applied Technology College - 6
- Pizza Hut of Cedar City - 14
- Hilton Double Tree Brian Head (Grand Lodge) - 14
- Leavitt Group - 2
- Love's Truck Stop of Cedar City - 2
- Hughes & Associates - 2
- State Bank of Southern Utah -1
- Dairy Queen-1
- Hinton Burdick - 1
- Zions Bank Providence Branch - 1
- Cozzens Cabinets - 1
CEDAR CITY AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE SUSTAINING PARTNERS
The logos are also links to their websites.